Kick start your career with a summer internship in our London office. Broking Summer Internship Dates: 17 June to 19 July.
Based at our incredible London office, our broking summer internship offers you the opportunity to learn about our business by working alongside experienced industry leading professionals; gain experience, insight and exposure across some of our key shipbroking departments; form the foundations of your work experience within shipping and be part of an intern cohort, with peer-to-peer support.
What is a Shipbroker?
Shipping is a complex global industry and essential to the world’s economy. Shipbrokers play an important role within global trade, acting as intermediaries who negotiate the rates and terms between shipowners and charterers for the movement of goods around the world, as well as between the buyers and sellers of ships. Successful shipbrokers are industry experts, with strong commercial acumen. They are entrepreneurial and astute at identifying and developing innovative approaches and ideas. Fundamentally, shipbrokers are natural networkers and relationship builders who enjoy working with people. They continually collaborate across teams to stay up to date in order to deliver the best possible service and results for their clients.
Internship – Key Information
During your internship, you will learn about shipbroking and some of the markets we cover. Some of what you may be doing includes the opportunity to:
- provide assistance to experienced brokers who drive revenue and develop our client base
- assist with maintaining databases and preparing market information and reports
- assist with preparing presentations
- assist with research, collecting data and market analysis
- build market knowledge
- think about potential commercial opportunities relating to trends and future markets
- possibility to attend client meetings and social events
We invite applications from candidates with an interest in shipbroking, shipping, commodities, global trade, energy and renewables, or economics who can demonstrate:
- Drive and self-motivation, with the desire and commitment to succeed, deliver excellence and make positive change
- Resilience with the ability to persist and adapt
- Collaboration, able to work well with others across diverse backgrounds to share information, develop skills, and deliver results
- Relationship building, with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly build rapport
- Smart problem-solving and analytical abilities, with a curious and inquisitive mind, and an openness to new ideas
- Professional integrity and a respect for company values
- strong numeracy and presentation skills
- proficiency in MS Office skills (Powerpoint, Excel, Word, Outlook)
- fluency in a 2nd language (desirable but not essential)
Our summer internship is open to:
- entry level candidates who are available to complete the entire duration of our 5-week summer internship (17 June to 19 July 2024)
- candidates who have the right to work in the UK (as we are unable to provide sponsorship)
Applications have now closed.